Wednesday, May 14, 2008

the first one

Apparently, all things have a beginning, and so begins this blog.

It will be about many things. Old tools especially, but also their makers, as I parade publicly a weakness/obsessive disorder for ferreting out the tiniest details of the lives and work of the names and companies stamped into the tools I acquire. It’s all history after all, the devil in there, fixing these sometimes obscure and forgotten objects to a specific point in time, and to a place. This space should serve then as a repository for my notes--- hopefully of interest or use to someone other than myself.

So, tools.

Anything and everything else that I find to be of interest is fair game, which might serve as fair warning. Hudson River brick makers, old screws, found objects, random history, the high cost of living, demolition sites, empty lots, and my own attempts at making things with wood will likely make regular appearances.

And finally, speaking to regularity, I hope to get to 2-3 posts every week. A semi-regular thing, with any luck. We’ll see how it goes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home